Monday

Zatarain's Review



Here is my quick and to the point review of
Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice and Jambalaya Mix.

Items that I was given in exchange for review:

1 box of Red Beans and Rice
1 box of Jambalaya Mix
1 container of Creole Seasoning
1 bottle of root beer extract (to make homemade root beer)
1 Zatarain's branded wooden spatula
1 Zatarain's branded pot holder

I have to say that there is a BIG difference between store brand rice and beans, jambalaya and Zatarain's brand. We had made some store brand jambalaya in January. I noticed that there was an after taste with the rice or maybe it was the spices. I also didn't like the texture. The Zatarain's brand was delicious! I am not just saying this because I was a Zatarain's host reviewer, this is an honest review. We used Portugese sausage and it was awesome. Thank you Houseparty and Zatarain's for choosing me as one of the hosts. I definitely will be adding the mixes to my menu planner meals!

I was given free product to try in exchange for a review. 
All opinions are 100% mine.

3 comments:

  1. We really like Zatarans dirty rice, but haven't had as much success with the red beans and rice...couldn't ever get them soft enough. Maybe we'll give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which couldn't you get soft enough, the beans or the rice?

    How about trying to cook them a few extra minutes longer?

    Have you ever tried the Jambalaya mix? Its gooooood!!

    Thanks for stopping by Mama Hen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the beans that were so hard. I did try cooking them longer, didn't seem to help. Haven't tried the Jambalaya, but I will.

    BTW, I answered you question about Disney with an entire post at http://henscratches.blogspot.com/2012/03/disney-world.html

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!