Sunday

Yummo

I found this on Pinterest. I had no idea what Pinterest was until about a month and a half ago. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it and didn't understand the concept. Now, I really like it. Its a good site to organize all your to do lists, decor ideas, recipes, craft projects etc. Instead of just putting everything in your favorites by a link or bookmarking links, you categorize pictures that represent the links. This way the ideas are right in front of you via a picture and easier to find.

I will be posting some things that I have found on Pinterest. Here is a recipe that looks really easy and yummy. I hope to try it soon. If you make it, let me know how it came out!


Frozen Banana Bites


From: Raising Oranges blog

What you'll need . . .

•2 large bananas

•1/4 to 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (or regular )


•1/4 to 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (or regular)

•Unsweetened coconut flakes


1.Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.


2.Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.

3.Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.

4.Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you've "covered" them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).

5.Then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes on top. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.

6.You can enjoy them like this (but they really aren't frozen yet -- and when they're frozen, the banana tastes like vanilla ice cream) . . . I suggest then covering with some plastic wrap (or really you can do all of this in some kind of Rubbermaid container) and let freeze overnight.

2 comments:

  1. I love bananas, but Hiredman is allergic to chocolate. Can you imagine?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way I wish I was allergic to chocolate so that I don't crave it so much! lol

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!