Tuesday

From a fellow blogger



A fellow blogger, Amy, gave me permission to post her potato soup recipe. It looks very easy and seems like it would be nice and filling. Yum! I plan on making it this week. The below is directly from her blog.

Potato Soup

Sautee for ten minutes:

1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 c. onion, chopped
2 c. celery, cut small
2 c. ham, cubed
4-5 c. potato, cubed small

"I just start from the beginning and throw things in as we finish chopping them. I say "we" because I've never prepared this alone. I just call for helpers and they come running and the whole panful is bubbling away in no time.

Once things are softened up a bit, stir in a cup or so of flour. We can never remember how much the original recipe called for, but 1/2 cup will make for a thinner soup and a cup will make it thick and creamy.

Then add 12 cups of milk. I always substitute at least one cup with heavy cream or 2 c. half and half. Again, it makes for thicker and creamier and if you're going to indulge in that many calories to begin with, you might as well make it good. Hmm?

With the milk, I sprinkle in chicken boullion and Montreal Steak Seasoning (a blend of salt, pepper, and garlic if you don't have any) to taste. We like a lot of both.

Simmer, stirring often to prevent the milk from burning to the bottom of the pan. If you forget to stir or your heat is too high, you can boil baking soda and water in your pan the next day and the entire burned layer will lift up and float so you can scrub out the last little bit easily. Not that I would know from experience or anything...

Hopefully that's not too confusing. Most of my recipes are like that - add "about this much" and change it up as you go. It's all good."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments!