Tuesday

Old Wive's Tales




We all have probably grown up hearing at least one old wive's tale.

Here are some that I have heard and are quite silly:

  • Don't go outside with your hair wet, you will catch a cold. 
  • If you break a mirror then you will have 7 yrs of bad luck.
(If this was true then I would have about a hundred years of bad luck)!
  • If the palm of your right hand itches it means you will soon be getting money.
  • If the palm of your left hand itches it means you will soon be paying out money.
  • It's bad luck to open an umbrella inside the house, especially if you put it over your head. ( I used to do this all the time and it would make my mom nervous lol )
  • Keep cats away from babies because they "suck the breath" of the child.
  • A bar of soap between the sheets at night will stop leg cramps.   (Some people swear by this!) 
  • Touching a toad will cause warts.



Do you have any to share? Do you have any that came true for you?


1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are funny! I know one! "If you wake up, you will most likely drop something within the next 24 hours." Only one I can think of that actually comes true!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!