We all have probably grown up hearing at least one old wive's tale.
Here are some that I have heard and are quite silly:
- Don't go outside with your hair wet, you will catch a cold.
- If you break a mirror then you will have 7 yrs of bad luck.
- If the palm of your right hand itches it means you will soon be getting money.
- If the palm of your left hand itches it means you will soon be paying out money.
- It's bad luck to open an umbrella inside the house, especially if you put it over your head. ( I used to do this all the time and it would make my mom nervous lol )
- Keep cats away from babies because they "suck the breath" of the child.
- A bar of soap between the sheets at night will stop leg cramps. (Some people swear by this!)
- Touching a toad will cause warts.
Do you have any to share? Do you have any that came true for you?