Saturday

Ministry

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior when I was 21 yrs old.
After 17 years of trying to figure out where to put my focus,
I finally listened to God. I have been searching for a ministry
to help edify the body of Christ. While there are so many wonderful
ministries in the world, I have helped some. However, I have lost
focus on them now and then and have struggled to keep reminding
myself to start again. I know that as a Christian, I am to help my
brothers and sisters when in need.

I have been reading and learning about Christians under
persecution for their faith. A ministry that has stood out to me
and hasdeeply touched me is The Voice of The Martyrs. 

I will be in prayer as to how and where God wants to
use me in this ministry.

About Voice of The Martyrs:

The Voice of the Martyrs is a non-profit, inter-denominational Christian organization dedicated to assisting the persecuted church worldwide. VOM was founded in 1967 by Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, who was imprisoned 14 years in Communist Romania for his faith in Christ. His wife, Sabina, was imprisoned for three years. In the 1960s, Richard, Sabina, and their son, Mihai, were ransomed out of Romania and came to the United States. Through their travels, the Wurmbrands spread the message of the atrocities that Christians face in restricted nations, while establishing a network of offices dedicated to assisting the persecuted church. The Voice of the Martyrs continues in this mission around the world today through the following main purposes:

Our ministry is based on Hebrews 13:3:
   Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

2 comments:

  1. So very cool! I will be praying that God will use you mightily in this area! :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!