Sunday

Yum!




Easy recipes....

AMISH COFFEE CAKE 

2 c. light brown sugar 
2 c. flour 
3/4 c. shortening 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla 
1 c. hot coffee 
1 tsp. baking soda 

Mix sugar, flour and shortening until lumpy. Do not mix until creamy. Take
out 1 cup for topping. Dissolve soda in hot coffee and add to the flour
mixture. Also add egg and vanilla. Spread on sheet pan 9x12x2 inch and
sprinkle on topping.


This is a thin batter. Bake at 325-350 degrees approximately 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar after baked.


AMISH BREAD PUDDING 

2 c. milk, scalded 
1/4 c. butter 
2 eggs 
1/2 c. sugar 
1/4 tsp. salt 
1 tsp. ground nutmeg 
3 c. soft bread, torn into sm. pieces 
1/2 c. raisins 
Combine milk and butter, stirring until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm. 
Combine eggs, sugar, salt and nutmeg; beat at medium speed of mixer for 1 
minute. Slowly add milk mixture. Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 
quart casserole; sprinkle with raisins and pour batter over all. Bake at 350 
degrees for 50 minutes or until set.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lorena...these look yummy and easy to make....I love these kinds of recipes! Did you try them yet? I'll make them and you come on over and I will have the coffee brewing, ok?
    HUGS~Tory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the Coffee cake a couple years ago and really liked it. I did not try the bread pudding yet but I LOVE bread pudding!!!

    I wish we lived closer, I am sure we would be inseparable!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!