Tuesday

Fear and Courage




We all have fear in our lives, an obstacle that can seem so large in front of us that we cower in its presence. We will spend time worrying about it and trying to figure out a way to remove the fear. However, we go about it the wrong way, we can't remove the obstacle from our life. The fear can not just disappear. We have to go through it. Although that news of having to go through it may be very scary, we do not have to do it alone. God will be with us. He will supply the courage, we just have to ask. Instead of us leading the way, ask Him to.

Sometimes all that is easier said than done, I will admit that myself. Many times I have kept the emotion of fear within me and forgot to ask God to help me. Sometimes I felt like He wouldn't bother with me so why bother asking. When finally I realized how stubborn I was, I put the fear at His feet and asked for Him to lead me through the obstacle. After it was all over and path was taken, I looked back and realized that I wasted so much time being "in fear" and how much easier it would have been if I just put the fear at His feet as soon as it came into my life. Boy are we stubborn and prideful children of God!!

I would like to share some quotes regarding fear and courage.


Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear~~~not absence of fear. - Mark Twain

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.  ~Author Unknown

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.  ~Leo Buscaglia

You can't wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time.  ~Pat Schroeder

Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.  ~Corrie ten Boom

Do not be afraid of tomorrow; for God is already there.  ~Author Unknown



1 comment:

  1. Thank you...powerful quotes! xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!