Sunday

Updates and new blog coming...



Hi everyone! First off I want to thank my readers and friends who comment and check up on me. I appreciate it. I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

I am making a new blog...it will be an additional blog, it won't replace this one. The new blog will be about simple living...back to basics. 

I hope everyone is well. Its been very cold here lately, in the negative temps. We got a bit of snow but we Upstate NY'ers should be used to it. I have to say that the past few winters have not been bad at all compared to how they were in the past. We now tend to have a mild winter up until mid January then the cold and snow starts. However, it tapers down around March. We used to get a bad winter starting in November and wouldn't let up until April. So, we really have to appreciate the past few winters.

Of course we get cabin fever though. I miss my road trips, sightseeing and photography excursions. I absolutely love nature and all things about it. Nature trails, camping, walking, bird watching etc.

The good thing about winter though is that it keeps me inside so that I am forced to do house projects and organizing. In the nice weather I am not motivated to stay inside, so my house projects etc get pushed away.

The past few weeks I have knocked off a few things on my "to do list" such as: organized the junk drawer (used baskets and jars to put everything in), hubby and I started attacking our bedroom clutter, I started weeding through papers and throwing out unneeded ones, we got a lot of laundry done and some other small tasks. I am still working on our bedroom, trying to make more room. I also have to keep working on my craft room/library that I started a few months back. I have had to push that off to the side to attend to higher priority projects.

What a nice day today is even though its cold out. I have some household chores to do and then can relax. My first priority is to spend time with God. I have been trying to do more Bible reading and Bible studies. Sometimes I miss some days but really want to make it a daily habit. Whenever I get in God's word, my days are always brighter. Sometimes I get caught up in other things and I can really tell when I am getting off track with my special time with God. My attitude gets more cynical if I stray away for too long but then when I yearn for Him again, my attitude and spirit are refreshed and soothed. God is like a wonderful, soothing balm to my soul. Thank you God for your abundant blessings.

No matter what happens in our lives, nothing can separate us from Him. "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?" - Romans 8:35



3 comments:

  1. I love that Scripture in Romans! If our foundation is Christ, then we will not be moved!
    Can't wait to see your new blog! I also was considering another one, because the title of my blog very much adds limits to my posts.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back and that you have got some work done! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I look forward to reading your new blog! And yeah, it is FREEZING here in NY! I don't like the cold... :( Congrats on your accomplishments!

    BTW, if you are wondering, somehow my Google account messed up so I followed you and a few others that do not show up on my dashboard. Hence, I'm your 7th and 10th followers! :P

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!