Sunday

I am so excited!




Ok now I know that not everyone who will read this will understand why I am so excited, but I am sure that SOME will :)

I never really bothered using coupons before, I figured they were a waste of time.
That was up until a few days ago when I saw some blogs about how people were getting so many things dirt cheap (when things were on sale then they used coupons with them). 
One lady said that she never pays more than 25 cents for toothpaste. So, I thought to myself, maybe I will try this coupon clipping thing out.

In my area, we have Price Chopper grocery stores. This week the store is offering to TRIPLE any manufacturer coupons when you use their "Triple it" coupon. (but their ad only has 3 of these "Triple it" coupons). So you can get at least 3 items with tripled coupons.

Here is what I am doing for this deal at Price Chopper:

  • Chex cereal on sale for 3/$6, am using the $1 off on 2 boxes coupon (found in coupon insert). Also am using the Price Chopper "triple any manuf. coupon". So I will be getting 3 boxes of Chex cereal at $1 each!!!

  • Pillsbury crescent rolls on sale 2/$4, am using $1 off two (found in coupon insert).  Also am using the Price Chopper "triple any manuf. coupon". So I will be getting 2 crescent rolls at .50 cents each!!

  • Betty Crocker cookie mix on sale for 1.79 each, am using $1 off coupon on two (found in coupon insert). Also am using the Price Chopper "triple any manuf. coupon". So I will be getting 2 Betty Crocker cookie mixes at .30 cents each!!

At Walgreen's I am getting these deals:

  • 2/$1 1000 sheets Walgreens brand toilet tissue (Walgreens coupon)

  • Skippy Peanut Butter 2/$3 (on sale) and I am sure I can find a coupon too!

  • 3/$1 No nonsense knee highs (Walgreens coupon)

  • .39 Snow globe (Walgreens coupon)

  • 8/$1 Christmas Tumblers (Walgreens coupon)

  • All liquid laundry detergent (on sale for 3.49) and have a $1 off coupon (final price 2.49)
  • Chex flavored mix (on sale for .99) and I have a $1 off coupon on two (final price .50 each) 
  • 5/$1 Royal Gelatin mix (Walgreens coupon)

I would love to hear how you save money at the grocery store.
Do you use coupons? Why or why not? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rena,

    I love deals like the ones you wrote about! It's fun to see how much money you can save using coupons and deals! I love reading www.moneysavingmom.com for deals... A few days ago I got a few sets of 6 good quality towels online for about $3 (per set) with free shipping. I love finding those amazing deals!

    Thanks for following my blog and for linking to Something Beautiful!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee:
    Its great to see other bargain hunters!!
    In this economy you have to be.
    I was always frugal though, some call me a
    cheapskate but I don't see it that way.
    I usually buy second hand stuff unless I really
    have to buy brand new.

    Thanks for following my blog as well !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: I wrote this post when I first started couponing. Please read my latest post about extreme couponing:

    http://psalm55-22.blogspot.com/2011/01/extreme-couponing-101.html

    What a big difference!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!