Ok now I know that not everyone who will read this will understand why I am so excited, but I am sure that SOME will :)
I never really bothered using coupons before, I figured they were a waste of time.
That was up until a few days ago when I saw some blogs about how people were getting so many things dirt cheap (when things were on sale then they used coupons with them).
One lady said that she never pays more than 25 cents for toothpaste. So, I thought to myself, maybe I will try this coupon clipping thing out.
In my area, we have Price Chopper grocery stores. This week the store is offering to TRIPLE any manufacturer coupons when you use their "Triple it" coupon. (but their ad only has 3 of these "Triple it" coupons). So you can get at least 3 items with tripled coupons.
Here is what I am doing for this deal at Price Chopper:
- Chex cereal on sale for 3/$6, am using the $1 off on 2 boxes coupon (found in coupon insert). Also am using the Price Chopper "triple any manuf. coupon". So I will be getting 3 boxes of Chex cereal at $1 each!!!
- Pillsbury crescent rolls on sale 2/$4, am using $1 off two (found in coupon insert). Also am using the Price Chopper "triple any manuf. coupon". So I will be getting 2 crescent rolls at .50 cents each!!
- Betty Crocker cookie mix on sale for 1.79 each, am using $1 off coupon on two (found in coupon insert). Also am using the Price Chopper "triple any manuf. coupon". So I will be getting 2 Betty Crocker cookie mixes at .30 cents each!!
At Walgreen's I am getting these deals:
- 2/$1 1000 sheets Walgreens brand toilet tissue (Walgreens coupon)
- Skippy Peanut Butter 2/$3 (on sale) and I am sure I can find a coupon too!
- 3/$1 No nonsense knee highs (Walgreens coupon)
- .39 Snow globe (Walgreens coupon)
- 8/$1 Christmas Tumblers (Walgreens coupon)
- All liquid laundry detergent (on sale for 3.49) and have a $1 off coupon (final price 2.49)
- Chex flavored mix (on sale for .99) and I have a $1 off coupon on two (final price .50 each)
- 5/$1 Royal Gelatin mix (Walgreens coupon)
I would love to hear how you save money at the grocery store.
Do you use coupons? Why or why not?