Sunday

My home- 12 days of Christmas



I came up with this idea for hubby and I to do. This is our first Christmas together as a married couple. I wanted us to start a tradition. The idea of 12 days of Christmas love popped into my head. What it is.... each day starting December 14th, we will give each other a gift. It can be a homemade card, poem, homemade coupon, gift from the store, massage or anything else that we think would be nice. He really likes the idea and am glad. :)
What do you think of it? What do you do in your home that is a tradition?

Also, I was thinking of doing 12 days of thanks to God. Hubby and I will email each other or tell each other for 12 days what we are thankful for from God. This will get us thinking and remind us of how much God has blessed us!




I would love to hear other's comments and ideas about what you do in your home. If you are not married then I am sure that you have family traditions with your parents, siblings or other relatives.  You do not have to have your own blog to comment on here. Just click on Comment and you can post as "anonymous". You can just put your first name or whatever you choose.

I hope to hear from my readers, feel free to comment anytime!!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and romantic idea for you two newlyweds!!! :o)
    I just love my sweet Mom for this tradition thru the years...and now the youngest grandchild is 12 and she wants to do it this year...also. My Mom has the same book she read to us three girls when we were just little girls about the birth of Jesus. After she reads the story we would sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and then release a balloon up to the sky! If you have little ones...it goes over so well and keeps the "true" meaning of Christmas in the Holiday. This is something we will do again as it is just our little tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful tradition Tory...simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!

    We don't celebrate Christmas, but we enjoy Thanksgiving as a time for gifts and together time.

    Congrats on your 1st Christmas together. :D

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!