Saturday

Happy Mother's Day To My Mom In Heaven

Sunday is Mother's Day and wanted to make a special post for my mom. My mom passed away August 19, 2008 due to complications of Parkinson's disease. My brothers, sister and myself were there holding her hand as she graduated to heaven. It's been almost 2 years and many moments have gone by when I miss her so much. We didn't have the perfect family but I loved my mom. I wasn't the perfect daughter but she still loved me. When she was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease (among other health problems) was when we got close and bonded. I always tried to make sure that she took care of her health and boy was she stubborn at times. Despite our bickering at times, we had a bond of love.

I am often reminded of her when I come across things that she loved. I had some nicknames for her (my family always seems to nickname just about everyone). I would call her "zamama", "piggy" (because she loved her chocolate and desserts!, and "maggie schafer" (inside family joke). Here are some of the many things that she liked and looked forward to:
  • Junior Mints 
  • Mallo Cup
  • Hershey Bar ...no nuts though lol
  • Pimento Spread
  • Fresh Italian Bread with Salami and Cheese
  • Oatmeal
  • Coffee, very light!! more milk than coffee lol
  • Pizza, especially with sausage
  • Breakfast sausage links
  • Pepsi.
  • Milk
  • Tums...for when her tummy was upset from the desserts lol
  • Fried Egg Sandwich
  • Pot Roast....she taught my sis and I how to make it so moist that it melts in your mouth
  • Filet O' Fish and it better be fresh or she was mad!
  • The old TP Drive In that was in Herkimer, NY
  • Going for rides 
  • Chocolate ice cream
  • Black Raspberry ice cream
  • Alfred Hitchcock movies and shows
  • Garth Brooks songs- "The Dance" and "If Tomorrow Never Comes"
  • Telling us kids about the old days 
  • Perry Como songs
  • Law And Order Tv shows
  • Hunter, the tv show that was on in the past...she had a crush on him too lol
  • The evening news on WKTV
  • Slippers, she loved her slippers!
  • Napkins, I don't know why but she always wanted to have a napkin in her hand or nearby
  • Patsy Cline songs
Gosh I can list so much more...

Happy Mother's Day Mom..... we love you and will see you again when we get to heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments!