Wednesday

Just Me

Well the past couple of days I have not been feeling well. I am having sinus headaches and some nausea. I slept a lot yesterday and didn't do much at all. Today I didn't get much sleep though...probably because of all the sleep that I got yesterday!!

This weekend I am looking forward to going to a ladies luncheon at my church. My pastor's wife is putting it on and the theme is vineyard. We are to dress in purple as much as possible. This will be my first luncheon with the church and am looking forward to getting to know the other women in the church better. My church: Lighthouse Baptist Church

I also am attending a dinner theater that is being put on by the youth group at my friend's church. This will be the 3rd year in a row that I have been to the dinner theaters and they are absolutely wonderful. The kids work very hard in rehearsing, learning and preparing for it. While they are doing their acts (singing, acting etc) we are served dinner. The dinners are made by a few moms of the children and one of the moms is my good friend Debbie. She has been volunteering for the dinner theater the past few years and I admire her effort. She also helps out with other things that the youth group puts on throughout the year.

Despite not feeling well, I forced myself to clean up the kitchen today. I put away the dishes that were in the dishwasher and stacked in a new load. I am trying to do some housecleaning each day. I tend to be a really big procrastinator when it comes to housecleaning. I would much rather be doing other things like enjoying nature outside. However, I have been praying for motivation and to overcome my procrastination habits. God has blessed me with what I asked. I have been motivated lately and finally started my spring cleaning (yes I know that I am late lol).

I have been setting up min-goals for myself because they are much easier to accomplish than big ones. Each time I accomplish a mini-goal I feel a great sense of satisfaction and it encourages me to the next goal. I find this way of setting goals as a good fit for me.

As I am writing this, the sun has finally come out. It was cold and dreary all day today but now the sun's rays are sitting on my shoulder ( I am next to the window). Ah, what a wonderful blessing from God!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments!